PsiPog.net

Science is EvolvingHomeArticlesQ&AArchiveMediaLinksSearch

View topic - Motionless meditation

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Motionless meditation
Posted on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 am

Manwe

Hey Martial Artist... I tried doing this meditation for some time, and have found my back prevents me from truly staying motionless. And sometimes my head just bobs down for no reason Sad. Any help?
Posted on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:41 pm

MartialArtist

True motionless is a result, not a cause for anything. So don't worry about that, you will be motionless when you reach some deeper meditative states. It is alright to swing a little or whatever. Everything that happens is ok, the point is that you are not moving as much as possible as to get the mind to the point where it will quiet down. Purely, physical reactions like swinging or moving a bit, isn't that big of a problem really. Its Ok.

Goodluck.
Posted on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

lilhawk2892

ok well staying absoloutly motionless has been hard for me.. so ive tried doing it to portions of my body.. like my legs
Posted on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm

Rahmid

IMHO, I'd say dont worry about the whole motionless thing. It comes with meditation. If you sit and try to meditate, and you acheive anyform of meditation, you'll be motionless.

Dont think of it a battle, your bodies got nothing against ya. Your not resisting it from moving, your just meditating. Unimportant things pass.

Also, affermations help. "I will sit and meditate and do nothing else for the next ___ mins/hours." Doing this repetitavly with make it a switch in your head and you'll automatically switch to meditation mode when you make such affermations.

good luck

Rahmid
Posted on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:12 am

MartialArtist

Nice piece of advice there Rahmid.
Posted on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Rahmid

thanks Wink

Rahmid
Posted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:24 am

DemonHunter

I think meditation is being done all the time. It's the "actions" between actions. By actions i mean thoughts. And by meditation i mean observing. If your thoughts are slow and clearly for you you will be able to get between them and go to other places (mentally and physically) more easily. That's maybe why space and time aren't so constant as some people might think.

Greetz Cool
Posted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:01 am

Wolverine

Hey guys

I've tried this a few times, but only for 10 mins; i cant seem to stay still longer than that.

Basically, i just see bluish/purple/green everywhere, and i feel like im leaving my body. The experience is similar to fainting.
I feel calm and relaxed, but thats as far as it goes. I feel like i can go further and the meditative state might go deeper, but i can't hold it.

What is the end result of this meditation?

~ Wolverine
Posted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:15 am

psiready

Try sitting for about 1 hour. Consequently when you entered the meditation you were thinking about how it felt, you had anxiety and therefore you had to get up. If you instead had let go at some point you could have stayed for as long you liked.

So forget what the end result is and if it is working, just realize this is inhibiting you.
Posted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Rahmid

Wolverine wrote:
Hey guys

I've tried this a few times, but only for 10 mins; i cant seem to stay still longer than that.

Basically, i just see bluish/purple/green everywhere, and i feel like im leaving my body. The experience is similar to fainting.
I feel calm and relaxed, but thats as far as it goes. I feel like i can go further and the meditative state might go deeper, but i can't hold it.

What is the end result of this meditation?

~ Wolverine

Depends what you want out of meditation. Spacifically this meditation wont really give you anything that other types of meditation will give you. This is just plan and pure meditation.

Rahmid
Posted on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:32 am

MartialArtist

Quote:
Depends what you want out of meditation. Spacifically this meditation wont really give you anything that other types of meditation will give you. This is just plan and pure meditation.

Rahmid

Appreciate your answer Rahmid, but this meditation WILL give you alot Smile. In fact, it will give you everything you desire.

Because there are multiple results that are caused by this meditation. It will start a chain of events: one: Your mind will come under your control>>> two: hence: the mind will become one-pointed and focussed>>> three: hence: the mind will automatically turn inwards and discover the realms within>>> four: this will cause you to become a stable, happy person in the outside world and makes you capable of manifesting your desires faster and faster>>> five: Once the mind goes even deeper, it will unlock potential supernatural skills (siddhi's) >>> six: You will reach enlightenment.

Say again that this meditation is just plain meditation Very Happy.

If it was just another way to meditate, I would not have posted such an article.

Every meditation can in fact seem to be plain meditation, however, if one takes the meditation seriously and practices it alot, many meditations will be capable of getting you to the sourse. However, many meditations also play around alot getting you nowhere profound. This one will let you master your life. Your entire life. This is a very good one Smile.

MA
Posted on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Wolverine

Wow awesome.

Enlightenment... what exactly is that?
And the Siddhis... what kind of supernatural powers?

Can anyone please elaborate

~ Wolverine
Posted on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:09 pm

psiready

Enlightenment is the final goal for most meditators and Buddhists. It's where you come upon a instant understanding of the Universe and the integral of nature of yourself and in realizing that you attain Nirvana which is the end of suffering for a flickering moment.

The understanding is not intellectual but rather it's a sense of true knowing, so you can't search for it in books and media.

Siddhis are supernatural powers which are gained through deep states of meditation. They involve things like flying, divine eye and ear, walking through solid matter, walking on water, telekinesis etc. There are an unlimited number of siddhis if you read scriptures and some will describe them in detail.

Divine and Eye and Ear means seeing invisible beings and processes of cause and effect unknown to normal people. Literally, clairvoyance. Ear means hearing things faraway and and obtaining distant information, could be ESP or super-hearing.
Posted on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:52 am

Wolverine

and that kind of thing is real? Walking on water, flying and becoming invisible??
How long does it take to get those kinds of powers? Very Happy
Posted on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 am

psiready

I am not saying it is real, those are simply stories recorded in scriptures.

They are called iddhi-vidas or something, I'll have to check later. They are the same thing as siddhis but the Pali term is iddhi-vidas or whatever.

They were real back in the time of the Buddha but nowadays people rarely hear or see of these powers.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation