PsiPog.net

Science is EvolvingHomeArticlesQ&AArchiveMediaLinksSearch

View topic - Motionless meditation

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Motionless meditation
Posted on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:18 am

MartialArtist

If they were real then, they are real now.

How long it takes? impossible to say for that is personal. You could do it now, in potential, but it will take you at least some years to get the hang of meditation and true focus which are deffinate requirements for unnlocking suddhi's.
Posted on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:13 am

psiready

What I meant was is that they are rarely talked about in modern religious settings, but as Martial Artist said you can still practice to attain them if you like.
Posted on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:59 am

MartialArtist

Ok.

Quote:
Enlightenment... what exactly is that?

I could give you 100 definitions if you give me a day, and they would all be theoretically correct. It depends on the perspective with which you view the subject of enlightenment. What Psiready described is written from a certain perspective and it is theoretically correct. In that same way I could give you alot of definitions of what enlightenment is. So it is impossible to say what exactly it is, cause it transcends words as well as the mind's understanding. It is only known through a direct experience without the minds intterruption.
Hi on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:44 pm

EndOfAllHopes

I practiced this technique couple of times, but never entered a meditative state or something...always after 1 hour or something one of my legs started aching...with the pain growing and growing until I haהק to stop Embarassed
I understand that at this time the real practice begin - I need to control my mind desire to move, to be free of the pain, but then - Won't it be more effective to choose an aching position form the start? because In the one hour before my leg start aching, there no desires form the mind I Need to oppose, So it kinda waste of time (As also my state doesn't alter).

Any thoughts?

tnx

And about Enlightenment' from what I know the most definite definition is an energetic (of the energy) transformation.
Posted on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:30 am

DemonHunter

its different for every person. sometimes it can start like after some minutes sometimes it doesn't like for you. it can feel like you enter a dream or just the opposite and it can feel like the in between. i guess the difficult thing is not to focus about anything even if something disturbs you. to start in a position with aching legs would be not very good i think because then you put yourself obstacles in your way. and about enlightment i think that you can't reach that state, i rather think that you already are. else you wouldnt live. the only thing you have to is to discover it. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation