Science is EvolvingHomeArticlesQ&AArchiveMediaLinksSearch

View topic - Motionless meditation

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Motionless meditation
Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:55 pm

Forai

I... Am... So... Pissed.

I was doing motionless meditation, my goal was 1:10, A reasonable one for beginning I think. Now normally my parents call to check up on me when they're working overtime. I think you can put 1 and 1 together here now.

20 MINUTES TO GO, IT WAS AWESOME.
*ring ring* "GOD DAMMIT!"

oh well, I'll try it again later, and I'll disconnect all the phones.
Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 pm

Lucidess

Atleast ya did 50 minutes, congrats! it's cool neh?
Hands go numb.. along with the rest of the body. Lungs relax.. sometimes resisting to breathe in more than the body would desire. Hey wanna try something cool while you're in the 45+ min time? Try visualizing you're on the edge of a diving board, everything is in super super slow motion.. fall backwards from it. Fall slowly, hit the water, feel the water consume your body, as then you keep falling. The water does not slow you down, but theres layers of water, thin thin layers. Maybe after awhile, you will speed up, falling faster... Blah, I visualized this last time i did it, but then my body started messin up.. I donno, use your imagination XD
Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Forai

Lucidess wrote:
Atleast ya did 50 minutes, congrats! it's cool neh?
Hands go numb.. along with the rest of the body. Lungs relax.. sometimes resisting to breathe in more than the body would desire. Hey wanna try something cool while you're in the 45+ min time? Try visualizing you're on the edge of a diving board, everything is in super super slow motion.. fall backwards from it. Fall slowly, hit the water, feel the water consume your body, as then you keep falling. The water does not slow you down, but theres layers of water, thin thin layers. Maybe after awhile, you will speed up, falling faster... Blah, I visualized this last time i did it, but then my body started messin up.. I donno, use your imagination XD

Well that's the thing, I didn't do any "lotus" or "half lotus" i did what I call "rest my head on my kneecaps and drool"

Yeah... I should try sitting upright.
Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Lucidess

I think cross legged is good if you get it just right, make sure your feet and such are in a comfortable position before you start. Every little part of your body, feel it and check.. mostly your legs, or butt Razz my first time was in the middle of my bed, leaning over. Try a couch, recliner, futon, bed, or maybe even stand XD
Posted on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:38 pm

Ribbitribbity

Sound interesting, gonna try it tonight.

Oh yeah, what if you did a psi ball after a long time of that, while still doing it? think it would be supa good? lol
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:34 am

Lucidess

Well.. maybe after you get out of the motionless meditation, try a psi ball and see how focused you can get it ^^
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:57 am

MartialArtist

Quote:
20 MINUTES TO GO, IT WAS AWESOME.
*ring ring* "GOD DAMMIT!"

Next time, don't answer. Smile
These tests will come automatically once you made a vow. Now you might say: "Well I cannot just ignore a phonecall, maybe it's important." Then ask yourself: Who or what is stressing about how important that phonecall is right now? It is the mind yes. How important can a phonecall really be. Just let it ring, They'll call back. Its just that your mind is afraid to miss something. Just let it go, let it ring, and bring back your focus within, where the only real importance lies. Then finish your time, and you have not giving in.

Nonetheless great achievement so far.

MA
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:02 am

Forai

I tried it this morning, from 1-2

well I tried it in half lotus and my back and most of my muscles started saying "screw it" it wasn't them moving or that, I just got weak, REALLY QUICK. in my "lean over" one that didn't happen. After my muscles gave way I just couldn't hold it. Felt like an hour went by but I knew one didn't.
I was guessing just short of one, about 50 minutes again... 15 minutes >> <<

WARNING:your sence of time gets REALLY distorted whilst doing this, The timer is needed... 100%
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:38 am

somefatguy

Forai wrote:
I tried it this morning, from 1-2

well I tried it in half lotus and my back and most of my muscles started saying "screw it" it wasn't them moving or that, I just got weak, REALLY QUICK. in my "lean over" one that didn't happen. After my muscles gave way I just couldn't hold it. Felt like an hour went by but I knew one didn't.
I was guessing just short of one, about 50 minutes again... 15 minutes >> <<

WARNING:your sence of time gets REALLY distorted whilst doing this, The timer is needed... 100%

Agreed, I usually have a fantastic sense with time but while doing it again last night I thought I was done and opened my eyes and only 30 minutes went by but it was still better than last time. It was definetly a wierd experience last night...it felt like I was drifting off and at one point I didn't know where I was, I felt like I was in my bed. And of course I had to battle some itches here and there but near the end it was really kind of scary. My mind was basically forcing me to get up, it was really strong and I held for a while but eventually gave up because I didn't understand what it was trying to do. It kind of made me feel like if I didn't get up I was going to die, that's how strong the feeling was. So I got up and my hand function was messed up, I would move it a bit and it would already hit the ground even though in my head it felt like it should still be in the air. And the whole arm was asleep, because of my bad position...it was my fault really. The problem is...I have a stopwatch, but I live in an apartment and my parents room is next to mine and if I were to use the watch it might disturb them (I practice before I go to bed...so it is night-time)
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:07 am

Lucidess

I don't use a timer Smile
Just sit there, patiently, and wait for as long as I can. A quote I made up "Time doesn't fly by, it sneaks past when you aren't looking.".
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:36 am

psi_manipulator_3000

Wow! That was the weirdist (sp?) experience iv'e ever felt. In fact i can still feel it now! I tried the method of not giving in to distractions and then i started making a psi ball half way through, a flame one. After i was pleased with that i started gathering so much energy into my hands that they went completely numb and it felt like they were floating in the air or something. It was defintely weird. But there's more...I started visualising a white glowing shield around my hands which i put all the energy into and i never really realised how much energy the human body holds becuase it just kept coming and ive also found a method of gathering energy twice as fast. It's like just willing it and "pushing" it by tensing my mind in a way. Also breathing out hard helps.
Then after i was pleased with the glowing white shields, which felt as if they were pressing onto my hands and compacting them, i randomly started feeling this coldness in my foot. It was really really cold, like someone had put ice cubes on them.Then it started to spread through my opther foot too and they too felt as if they were floating. It was as if i could make them do anything i wanted, like i could distort them with my mind. Thye also started randomly moving slowly to the left and right, but i didn't see them doing it, they were motionless! The the strangest of all, was the feeling of someone SITTING on me! On my lap (i was in the half lotus position) and it was like the bodyweight of my dog! Then as if that was enough, i realised that the coldness in my feet was actually masses and masses of energy, so much that it started having to go up my whole leg becuase there wan't enough room in my feet. It felt as if my leg was moving also, sort of being pushed. My legs then started cramping and spazing because of all the energy and then i realised that the alarm on my phone hadnt gone off and still hasnt now so i stopped.
p.s sorry for long post, i couldn't explain it all in a short way.
btw, this meditation thing rocks! thnx for posting about it MartialArtist. I'm adicted!
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:02 am

MartialArtist

@Somefatguy:

Quote:
It was definetly a wierd experience last night...it felt like I was drifting off and at one point I didn't know where I was, I felt like I was in my bed. And of course I had to battle some itches here and there but near the end it was really kind of scary. My mind was basically forcing me to get up, it was really strong and I held for a while but eventually gave up because I didn't understand what it was trying to do. It kind of made me feel like if I didn't get up I was going to die, that's how strong the feeling was.

Awsome, ok listen up. You said you just had to get up because you didn't entirely comprehend the situation. You couldn;t understand why your mind forced you to get up and made you feel like that. It felt like if you did not get up, you would die.
Let me tell you what I think what happened and what would have happened if you didn;t get up:
First of all you have to realise, that any kind of fear that you can experience, is always coming from the mind. The mind(and ego) are afraid of every new thing we don't know. The mind was afraid of dying and made you get up. However, again, it was just the mind:). The greatest achievement is to transcend the mind, and honestly, I think if you had just drifted off with letting go of the fear the mind creates, you would have had a major breakthrough. We are not trying to find the mind, we are trying to become aware of our true selves behind the mind. The pure consciousness. You cannot experience that through the mind, the mind is merely a mirror that reflects a distorted image of the true self. If you transcend it and detach from it in for example meditation like this, you will be able to swim in your own pure consciousness. Like in a higher state of consciousness.

@Psi_manipulator_3000:

Wow man, crazy things happen to you! Cool . Just kidding, nice stuff you experienced. Im glad to hear your people results. Keep them coming, I want to know more about your experiences, so if anything strange or extraordinairy kicks in again, be sure to let me know.

MA
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:12 am

Lucidess

Like enlightenment? That's a good idea psi manipulator, I should put my hands in a psi ball position, and make it as big as possible. I can normally make it the size of myself.. but maybe I can make it the size of my house Twisted Evil and then i'll compress it.
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 pm

somefatguy

MartialArtist wrote:
Awsome, ok listen up. You said you just had to get up because you didn't entirely comprehend the situation. You couldn;t understand why your mind forced you to get up and made you feel like that. It felt like if you did not get up, you would die.
Let me tell you what I think what happened and what would have happened if you didn;t get up:
First of all you have to realise, that any kind of fear that you can experience, is always coming from the mind. The mind(and ego) are afraid of every new thing we don't know. The mind was afraid of dying and made you get up. However, again, it was just the mind:). The greatest achievement is to transcend the mind, and honestly, I think if you had just drifted off with letting go of the fear the mind creates, you would have had a major breakthrough. We are not trying to find the mind, we are trying to become aware of our true selves behind the mind. The pure consciousness. You cannot experience that through the mind, the mind is merely a mirror that reflects a distorted image of the true self. If you transcend it and detach from it in for example meditation like this, you will be able to swim in your own pure consciousness. Like in a higher state of consciousness.

Okay then, I will try harder. As I have done every night...
mini-obe? on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:29 pm

abuelos84

psi_manipulator_3000 wrote:
Then it started to spread through my opther foot too and they too felt as if they were floating. It was as if i could make them do anything i wanted, like i could distort them with my mind. Thye also started randomly moving slowly to the left and right, but i didn't see them doing it, they were motionless!

hey, maybe it was something like a "mini-obe", you know, maybe your feet were "de-attached" from your physical body, because of the meditation, concentration, etc... of course, it wasn't like a real obe, but maybe, partially, you were "de-attaching" from your material, physical body.
just a suggestion..
bye
Drakus
PS. MartialArtist: i haven't had the oportunity to try this techn. but sounds great, thanks for it!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation