PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Motionless meditation
Posted on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:57 am

MartialArtist

Thanks
Posted on Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Rahmid

I'd love to read your book. It'll take me a long time though, I have no time now-a-days it seems. But I'll get through it eventuallly.

And thanks for recomended books.

Rahmid
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 am

MartialArtist

ok.

Well my book is finished for about 2 months now, but it is not yet perfected. I have not even re-read everything myself yet. So I will go through it some time soon and get all the grammar out of the way and change some lines and parts of the text. Then I will send it to you.
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 am

somefatguy

MartialArtist wrote:
ok.

Well my book is finished for about 2 months now, but it is not yet perfected. I have not even re-read everything myself yet. So I will go through it some time soon and get all the grammar out of the way and change some lines and parts of the text. Then I will send it to you.

*cough* And me, and I could help you correct the grammar if you would like.
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:20 am

MartialArtist

Thanks, but I'll figure that out myself. Smile
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Rahmid

very good, thanks!

Rahmid
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:12 pm

ARandomKid

Quote:
Its possible, but unlikely because you said you were thinking about random things.

Sometimes I'm not even thinking...but then I'm probably asleep. >.>[/quote]
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:38 pm

derricktheone

MartialArtist wrote:
ok.

Are you going to try and publish it? I too, would appreciate a copy. (Am I paying for it? Smile ) Also, I'm sure you already know, but it's almost necassary to have somone other than yourself edit it for grammar. New eyes.
Can't wait to hear about your theories and views about...everything lol.

P.S Is your sig your own or did you read that somwhere? Either way it's easily my favorite quote I've ever read. Very insightful.
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:56 pm

MartialArtist

Derrick:

The book is going to be published on a website I am working on. I am not sure how long it will take for it to finish. Our programmer is kinda busy..:p
And the book will be for free. It will be an e-book (pdf-file).

About the grammar, yes I have a couple of test-readers. First i want to make the version as it seems finished to me, then I will send it to my test-readers again and hopefully they'll read it this time:p. No for grammaer I am actually hoping for Lightbringer to correct me on, together with Psi-on / Joeroger/Zippo. It seems to me they have a rich vocabularly.

About the sig.: I made it myself, though I used some inspiration I read a long time ago. I will try to find that article for you later so we can actually see the original text. Thanks.

MA

EDIT: That was easy Smile Here is the link. if you scroll down just a little bit, you will see teh quote.
http://www.swamij.com/cloudedmind.htm
It sais:If the external world keeps changing,
then the unchanging Truth
is not to be found there.
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:32 pm

somefatguy

I was going to be the "messenger" and send the website to all of the 'chosen' ones. Crying or Very sad
Ha ha, funny thought I guess.
You know, to all of the spiritually interested people.

I just thought it would be better than advertising it in this one spot or something, because I would be telling them upfront and then they wouldn't have to look. I would bring the information to them!
Trust me, I have a lot of 'chosen' ones.
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:14 pm

GreenMango

Long time visitor, first time meditater here. I had a quick look over your article so I decided to give it a go. I just finished meditating for half an hour (I'll work my way up to 1 hour Smile ) and i have some question. What benefits are there of what you say mastering the mind? (i think that what you said)

Also when i was meditating i had various tingles and sensations all over my body but i didn't give in Smile I think also during one part of it I may of altered my state of consciousness but then one of feet twitched (and i don't mean a little twitch - my whole body moved) and i felt like i had woken up. After that i started to feel vibrations throughout my body that lasted for about 20 seconds. Kind of like an OBE. Does this kind of stuff always happen while meditating?

Thanks
Posted on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:20 pm

ARandomKid

GreenMango wrote:
What benefits are there of what you say mastering the mind? (i think that what you said)

It is what he said, and I strangely never got around to asking this. It's been on my mind for a while now...

would've helped with my Health assignment for this...had to think of some possible benefits, so I made up a couple. ;^.^

So yea, what exactly are the benefits? I'm curious now.. Rolling Eyes

With my luck, you've probably answered this somewhere in your article and I'm just blind. ;>.>
Posted on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:50 am

MartialArtist

haha,

I am pretty sure I mentioned the benefits somewhere Wink But that's no problem, I'll tell you now.

When you master your mind, the benefits range from the most simple things and aspects of daily life, to the greatest goals you might have in this life-time. You see, normally the mind is master over us. Whatever the mind thinks or desires or feels attractive to, we feel that sensation and the attachment to those things. If we walk by a hotdog-tent and we smell those hotdogs, the mind automatically tells you: I want some, I should get some. And in most cases you will get some because the mind has a strong hold on you. It is not only with food like the example above, but it echoes through every aspect of your life. You cannot experience peace and tranquility because the mind is chattering all the time. The mind is confused and doesn't know what it wants, it is one big pool of chaos up there and it limits our power and our ability to listen to our higher intuition greatly.

What happens when we master the mind? What are the benefits?

Too many to name. I shall name a few important wants.

When you become master of your mind, the mind will stop his useless chatter and you will be capable of experiencing an alertness of consicousness unlike anything you have experienced before. And you do not even have to sit still for it no longer. Once you mastered the mind, you will experience long periods without thoughts, but still with consciousness. For most people it is difficult to see the thinking mind distinct from consicousness, but consciousness is something very different than our thoughts. So when you master the mind, you will master your life and the way you experience it. you will never get angry at someone if you don't choose to play that role. You will never be aggresive to someone if you do not choose to play that role. You will automatically be capable of seeing deeper in other people. you will feel the intenseness of their soul in their hearts and hence, you love them like yourself. Besides that, you will be focussed and one-pointed. You will never become sick anymore (unless there is a unique circumstance or case in your life that requires you to get ill). You won't be suffering no longer either. Emotions are bodily energetic reactions to the thoughts in your mind. So if you master your thoughts, you master your emotions and much much more aspects of your being. Your psionic skills will greatly increase also and your ego will dissolve. You will be capable of experienceing constant peace and joy no matter what happens outside of you. you will be able to feel exactly what other people need and give it to them at perfect timing. You will be completely self-confident in all situations and you will be capable of entering samadhi quite easily. You will then rise to higher states of consicousness automatically.

Did I name enough benefits?

All these benefits are natural to posses. the only that is blocking that flow of divine energy that grants you everything you wish for, is the mind. So if you master the mind, you master life.
Posted on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 am

ARandomKid

Quote:
You will never become sick anymore

I've noticed I haven't officially become "sick" since about 7th or 8th grade...

it's pretty awesome...

Yea, that looks like enough benefits to me. Wish I would've thought of asking that a few weeks earlier. ;>.o

And now I'm almost positive I read what you posted somewhere....makes me feel even more blind than I did. ^.^
Posted on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Kow

GreenMango wrote:
Long time visitor, first time meditater here. I had a quick look over your article so I decided to give it a go. I just finished meditating for half an hour (I'll work my way up to 1 hour Smile ) and i have some question. What benefits are there of what you say mastering the mind? (i think that what you said)

Also when i was meditating i had various tingles and sensations all over my body but i didn't give in Smile I think also during one part of it I may of altered my state of consciousness but then one of feet twitched (and i don't mean a little twitch - my whole body moved) and i felt like i had woken up. After that i started to feel vibrations throughout my body that lasted for about 20 seconds. Kind of like an OBE. Does this kind of stuff always happen while meditating?

Thanks

Nice observation, about the OBE. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure this kind of meditating is pre-OBE kind of stuff to do. It's what I've been doing while trying to OBE, and yes, I've had those twitches, but nothing past that Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation