PsiPog.net

Science is EvolvingHomeArticlesQ&AArchiveMediaLinksSearch

View topic - Motionless meditation

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Motionless meditation
Posted on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:57 am

MartialArtist

A superconscious state is the same as samadhi. You transcend ordinairy consciousness and focus and there is a clarity unlike anything you have ever experienced. It is the goal of Yoga and many other spiritual sciences to reach these states through meditation. It is the goal of meditation, eventually. There are different levels of samadhi, or these superconscious states. Each time you move through one barier and transcend it to go to the next, you get a little higher. Yoga classifies them into 4 different stages. and when you transcend even the fourth stage and let go of all the abilities and beauty there is to find on these levels of reality, then one comes to Self-Realization, which is better known as complete enlightenment. If you reach one of the states of samadhi and get familiar with that, your intellect will already become enlightenend at least to some degree and wisdom starts to come. Therefore there exists alot of misunderstanding, or should I say alot of different ways to interpretate, the meaning of the word enlightenment. However, true enlightenment, complete enlightenment, is reached once one has let go of even the highest and most subtle states of his being and turns completely inward. Then there is nothing here that can bind you any longer. You are completely free just like pure consciousness itself has always been and will always be. You have then evolved from the attachment and involvement of consciousness with the different forms and shapes of nature. You can then clearly see the difference between nature and your Self: Consciousness.

So Samadhi is what happens when ones mind no longer disturbs one's consciousness in meditation. Meditation now becomes very easy and blissful and consicousness can allow itself to be emerged in whatever it meditates upon. Through this mechanism, the object of meditation will reveal its secrets and you will be able to know everything there is to know about these objects, ideas, concepts or mechanisms. Each object also has its own levels of subtlety, so you would have to reach the final state of samadhi when focussing on an object or idea to fully know every aspect on every level of its being. Then in the final stage of Self-Realization, I belief allknowingness becomes a fact, for there are no boundaries no more. You have then once again emerged with your true self, which has always been there, unchanged, unaffected by whatever nature throwed at you, or rather: at your lower Self through which most of us are experiencing life at the moment.

So first one has to establish one-pointed focus, and then samadhi will start to come in meditation. The different samadhis, if you manage to acces them, will then take you through the different levels of our manifested world. When passed through all these stages, one can let go of his attachment of that to even the highest siddhi's (powers) he can now use, and let go of all the beauty there exist on these levels, then one will let go of nature completely and rest in his own true nature. Here exists the highest satisfaction, the highest joy, the highest knowledge and the highest power. Ego and suffering will be destroyed to you and you can see god, as well as the illusion it possesses when manifested, in everything.

Thats the science, in short.

To state some sources from which I took this classification, we don't want to start another fight do we Wink:

+The Yoga Sutras of Pataņjali - Dr. I.K. Taimni
+The Yoga Sutras of Pataņjali - Sri Swami Satchidananda
+Samyamas education school to become a teacher at yoga
+My teachers Swami Umesh Yogi and a Dutch woman whoms name I won't mention, among others.

MA
Posted on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm

Rahmid

MartialArtist wrote:
To state some sources from which I took this classification, we don't want to start another fight do we Wink

We have gotten into a fight before? Where?

So what are some signs that your are reaching the first lvl of samadhi?

My meditation latly has drastically improved quiet recently. Ever time I come out of it, everthing seems to be on the edge of breaking. Constantly expanding and I seem REALLY tall. Like the I'm a good 2 meters longer. It's freaking strange, but it feels really good. Could this be the start of this??

Rahmid
Posted on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:07 pm

ARandomKid

I think it was something about him not citing any sources and just "making all this **** up"...or something. I dunno...can't remember much.

Anyways, my meditation has indeed improved ever since it became a requirement. Before, I'd just put it off saying something like "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow." Tomorrow comes and goes...don't procrastinate.

It is easier now more than ever since I've began actually sticking to a schedule...plus, it's my Health project...gotta do it. Rolling Eyes

But seriously, it gets quite fun...and relaxing.
Posted on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:40 am

MartialArtist

Quote:
We have gotten into a fight before? Where?

So what are some signs that your are reaching the first lvl of samadhi?

My meditation latly has drastically improved quiet recently. Ever time I come out of it, everthing seems to be on the edge of breaking. Constantly expanding and I seem REALLY tall. Like the I'm a good 2 meters longer. It's freaking strange, but it feels really good. Could this be the start of this??

Rahmid

The fight was more like a heated discussion because I lacked stating sources. Razz But let's not talk about that here and now.

I recognise these experiencing you have. It is not directly a sign of samadhi though i do believe it is a sign that you start to get a much better feel and progress in meditation. You start to free yourself from your mind more asnd more, things around you will seem less solid and more manipulative. You might experience these sensations of a prolonged body like you described. I believe this sensation is a sign that in your meditation you have been closer to your subtle bodies. Feeling bigger than your normal body is a comon sensation after meditation on for example the astral, mental or even subtler bodies (<<Sceptic alert: not proven by western science, though very common in yoga science)

So your mind is getting more flexible and suitable for meditation. It is loosing its prisoning grip on your individual consicousness and this is very beneficial for samadhi, though I think you'll need some practice with focus, or decrease the duality in your mind to increase one-pointedness. if you use the latter method, samadhi will eventually come by itself.

Another sign is when you forget about time/space and your sense of self. When you have meditated for an hour and it feels like 5 minutes.
Posted on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:12 am

Rahmid

MartialArtist wrote:
Another sign is when you forget about time/space and your sense of self. When you have meditated for an hour and it feels like 5 minutes.

I've actually done that once. I started trying to do it on purpose latly, not like forcing it, just making an intention to do it.

How would I loosen up duality?

Rahmid
Posted on Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:23 am

MartialArtist

by practicing one magic word: Contemplation.

Contemplation ( the way I use it) means thinking about life, the world your existence etc. Not merely thinking about it, but its like brainwashing yourself by repeating these thoughts of oneness and unity. Contemplation is a deeper form of thinking, for example when thinking consciously in meditation. Try reading books for example that discuss the unity behind the duality. Books that explain how the mind works and how the mind judges between right or wrong, fun and boring, likes and dislikes. All those polarities, or: dualities are in the mind, yet they are based only on the minds judgement, not on reality the way it is.

Because the mind is full of those dualities and judgements, its focus is scattered and real meditation becomes difficult. The mind is full of desires which keeps us in this uneasy and unpeaceful state, albeit barely noticable to us now, because we have gotten used to this state. We actually come to believe this is normal, this is us, and theres nothing else to experience.
Working with your mind, the way you view the world, the amount of thoughts and judgements you have at a daily base etc, you will decrease the duality within the mind. Hence, you will notice that at moments when you are doing nothing spectacular, like sitting in the subway metro or in the bus, or waiting in a room for something, you are automaticaly thoughtless, deep, and one-pointed. This experience will continue to reach new depths depending on the amount of selfish desires and duality still left in the mind. Eventually Samadhi will be very easily reached in normal circumstances. You don't have to practice postures then or sit completely still to reach it. But because our minds lack this natural one-pointedness, we need to bring it to the silence by doing alot of practices and restrict ourselves. Once the mind itself is transformed into an expression of Unity, the silence will be coming to us, along with everything your heart desires. Cool
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:12 am

Lleu

[quote="MartialArtist"]If the mind sees you are so determined that he knows there is no way he can get you to stand up before the end of your timer, then it will give up and lay down quietly next to you like a dog waiting for orders.

Can I put this in my sig?
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:49 am

MartialArtist

Sure, I would be honoured.
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:26 am

Lleu

A while ago, I did meditation. It wasn't induced by being motionless, but I was motionless anyway. I had my hands clasped, and eventually, I couldn't tell them apart. Seriously, it was like one, unbroken loop of flesh. That was cool.

EDIT: What happens if you sneeze Question And can you do this instead of sleeping Question
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:07 pm

MartialArtist

Cool.

What happens when you sneeze? you may sneeze, thats no problem at all. Everything that happens in your meditation is OK, just train the body to sit relatively still, or if you want to get some immediate control ove ryour mind becaus eyou notice it is running everywhere lately, you force your mind (thorugh your body) to sit still for an hour or two. After that you will feel very light and in control. A silent peace will be at your mind for a certain period of time.

Can you use meditation or motionless meditation for that matter instead of sleep? Depends, i don't think many can. I personally don't, I just go to bed every night Wink Well, almost every night. Most meditations are being held at either the alpha or theta level of our brains, which is the same level in which we are when we sleep light, or when we have the dream sleep. there is however, a state of sleep, in which we are, called the Delta level of the brain, which provides us with no dream whatsoever. Dreams are not possible in this state. This state is reached through and in Samadhi (superconsicous states) So yes, if you can stay in samadhi (delta stage of the brain) for like 3-5 hours a day, you won't need any sleep because you are in that same state as you are in when in REM (I believe its called) sleep, but you remain conscious! Which provides you with a much higher energetical level. So it is even more beneficial then the ordinairy Deep Sleep. You might say: Would you not need around 7-9 hours in Samadhi a day then? Cause people need that same time in sleep right? Yes, but when we sleep for 8 hours in a row, we are not in the deep sleep for 8 hours. So I would personally say, 3-5 hours of samadhi a day, will keep you very fit and alive. Maybe you'll need even less, depending on which state of samadhi you are in, and if you really are in the Delta level of the brain.

However, with normal meditation in which you dont reach those deeper states of consciousness, you will not suffice because the body needs the deep sleep. It is the most important aspect of sleep and regeneration fo the body.

This is my theory based on examined facts of which I do not directly have sources off, along with direct experience.
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:53 pm

ARandomKid

Quote:

I'm guessing this doesn't include lying in bed thinking about random things for what feels like 5 minutes and turns out to be 20... Laughing

Or...would it? Confused
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:44 pm

DamianM

one time i went to gather energy, i was really focused and i was sitting there for what felt like 2 minutes, but it was 10 minutes.
Posted on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:35 pm

Rahmid

MA, what books should I read about duelalities? I keep hearing about them, and people are seeming to make a big deal about it so I guess I should go learn myself some. I never really thought about it much, thought it would be easier to just let things be as they are, instead of thinking them to death, or judging them

Rahmid
Posted on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:14 am

MartialArtist

Quote:
I'm guessing this doesn't include lying in bed thinking about random things for what feels like 5 minutes and turns out to be 20...

Or...would it?
- ARandomKid

Its possible, but unlikely because you said you were thinking about random things. Then you are more in a trance kind of state in which you lose direct conscious focus, and just daydream about stuff, and when you get out of this state, you remember your self and regain conscious focus and it feels like 5 minutes.

Real meditation, which is the pre-stage of Samadhi's, takes place when you are capable of focussing the mind on one thing and one thing only. First this is concentration. Then it becomes easy and automatic and then you are meditating and you will then often feel like it was 5 minutes when it was half an hour. This is different when you are daydreaming. Sorry Wink.

Quote:
one time i went to gather energy, i was really focused and i was sitting there for what felt like 2 minutes, but it was 10 minutes.
- DamianM

Nice Cool

Quote:
MA, what books should I read about duelalities? I keep hearing about them, and people are seeming to make a big deal about it so I guess I should go learn myself some. I never really thought about it much, thought it would be easier to just let things be as they are, instead of thinking them to death, or judging them
- Rahmid

Well you got a point in your last sentecne most certainly. However, those two walk hand in hand, because once you learn to decrease the dualities in the mind, you will automatically decrease your judgements. You will become transparent and peaceful at all times.

I can advice you some complicated, very detailed books that go in depth on every detail of the yoga science (which is basically science of the mind in total). Or I could send you my book which deals with every important aspect of spirituality in a short and structured way and is around 50 pages (pdf-file).

The complicated books are: Yoga sutras of Pataņjali - Dr. I.K. Taimni. Or if you wish a simpler version, take the one written by Alice Bailey or Swami Satchidananda. There are many versionf of this book. These three I can recommend.

If you'dd like a more reader-friendly book on the mind and the transcendence of it, read: "The power of Now"- Eckhart Tolle.

MA
Posted on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:59 am

somefatguy

MartialArtist wrote:
If you'dd like a more reader-friendly book on the mind and the transcendence of it, read: "The power of Now"- Ackhart Tolle.

MA

Heh, "Eckhart Tolle."
Just correcting you Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation