PsiPog.net

Science is EvolvingHomeArticlesQ&AArchiveMediaLinksSearch

View topic - Motionless meditation

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Motionless meditation
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:49 pm

psi_manipulator_3000

Oh yeah, about that cold feeling thing. I recentely found out that it wasn't energy. I tell you though, it felt like energy. I think it was to do with my blood supply cutting off related to the way my legs were.I was pretty dissapointed when i realised this. I'm just glad I stopped when it started creeping up my leg or else it could have reached my upper body and stopped my heart or something. But anyway the reason it was cold was because of the blood not being there, you know, blood being really warm and all. But the rest was real and my hands still felt like they were floating. And if anyone else gets this feeling too, then you know already what it is. Don't let it get too far up your body. The thing is, my feet were tingling beforehand so there must have been some energy there at least. Just know when to stop if it gets really cold.Also, when it starts creeping up you, it only goes through your veins, not your whole leg.

(edit) Yeah, it felt just like a mini obe.lol
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:58 pm

Bob_stew

I know that I'm going to sit for a long time when I first try this. I'm stubborn, and I like to meditate.

First I need to sort out a couple of things, though: Is there any way I can get hurt from doing this? Like, if I experience something similar to what psi_manipulator_3000 experienced, and takes it further, or anything. Can I be absolutely sure I won't get seriously hurt from doing this too much? If I ever doubt it's safe to continue, should I stop? My mind will probably make up various worst case scenarios, so I need that assurance to be absolutely sure I can safely ignore it and continue as long as I want.
Posted on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:43 pm

Lucidess

I have not had any problems whatsoever. If anything, I was more refreshed physically and mentally. The only problem I had was that if you find a spot that is uncomfortable after awhile, then it might keep bothering you.. a part of you might fall asleep (bad tingly feeling lol). My suggestion is to check every part of your body is totally comfortable, or won't get uncomfortable later. Even a fold in your shirt for example, will become noticeable, and you'll want to straighten it out because it's annoying.

However I kinda know where you're gettin from. I thought that my joints would freeze up if I didn't move for 3 hours, but when ya think about it, sometimes when we sleep, we don't even move an inch.. and we can usually sleep for 6-10 hours a night.. so I don't see any problems at all.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:30 am

psi_manipulator_3000

If there aws a creease on my shirt, i would keep it there. Heck, I would probably make more distractions. Cus thats the aim of the excercise. What about needing to pee before you do it? Or is that an automatic bodily function that isn't really fully a desire?
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:53 am

Lucidess

Well think about it psi manip, if you really have to pee, and you can't hold it in by normal means, then maybe it was a bad idea not going to the bathroom in the first place. I don't desire to pee, I NEED to pee.
Wants and needs, divide them well.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:17 am

psi_manipulator_3000

How foolish of me. Tis a need. Oh yeah, I thought of a really good idea for a distraction and to help keep the time aswell. Put a movie on. I tried it yesterday with lotr return of the king (the longest movie in history) but ended up not even starting the meditation. Hopefully, i can do it next time.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 am

MartialArtist

Well peeing is something you can hold up. It is different from swallowing. I think you should hold it up. If you are in deep meditation, you will not have the need to pee. But just pee before you start Wink .

@psimanipulator:

I don't think it could ever have gone to your heart or something like that. When you are asleep, sometimes, you cut of your bloodstream of a certain bodypart for the whole night, but that only goes for that limb. It could not have gone up to your heart, because that was not blocked in any way, just your legs. Still, I even doubt if the cold was due to your legs being cut of from the blood. But if you say so.

Bob_Stew:

Take this meditation as far as you wish to go, I'll just make a few notes:
First of all: this meditation is perfectly safe. Nothing could go wrong with your body, perhaps only to the mind. What I mean by that, is that if your mind is sensitive, and you are not obeying the mind, it may pull funny tricks on you. But remember that the mind will get over a certain peek. At first it will only give you normal desires, but it can happen that at a certain point, it creates fear of death (happened to somefatguy for example.) . The mind will throw more extreme sensations like fear towards you. This is only the mind trying to take back his mastery over you. Just realise that there is nothing that could happen to your body in this meditation(neither will you go crazy Wink ). I mean, think about it, you have 100 times more risk if you walk across the street, then if you sit quietly in a safe surrounding in your room. What can happen really?
Its just the mind that plays tricks. You are not it. Nothing can ever happen to YOU.

Greetings,
MA
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:47 am

Lucidess

Yeah, there have been times where my arm would be above my head when I wake up, and it goes completely numb. Can't feel it, can't move it, feels like someone elses arm, and it's super cold... no blood. My arms have never felt better. It's ok, even if your legs do that, don't worry XD

OK! Saturday! I need a good sleep to prepare for a long journey. G'nite!
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:53 am

Bob_stew

Thank you MA. ^^ You have certainly put a lot of time into answering people's questions on this topic.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:40 pm

psi_manipulator_3000

Yeah he has. Like a mentor.
Just had another session. Wasn't as long as before but i feel much more refreshed.This time i tried levitating my arm without much success. Felt as though it was in the air, and i think i reduced the weight of my hand a little, because it felt really light afterwards.
Also, I had that fear thing half way through. Probably because I heard noises in my house and my parents were out so i was like "SHIIIIIIIT!" And at that time I had my eyes closed, so I vowed to myself that I wouldn't open them no matter what happened. And it really did feel as if there was something in my room. Freakin sketchy! But I kept them closed and just started ignoring all the things my mind was throwing at me. Was strange becuase my fear suddenly went, like when you extinguise a candle.But it defintely like intense fear, almost to the point of, "Your gonna die if you don't open your eyes". And at one point it was quite humorous becuase my eyes were starting to open of their own accord, as if my mind was pealing them open, so i had to keep them locked, hehe.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:01 pm

ARandomKid

Wow. This sounds awesome. I'm gonna try it right now.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:13 pm

psi_manipulator_3000

I'm called Alex too!

(edit) Sorry, that was sad.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:10 pm

MartialArtist

Bob_stew wrote:
Thank you MA. ^^ You have certainly put a lot of time into answering people's questions on this topic.

No problem. If you post an excersice like this one, it is your responsibility to give more clearity where needed.

@Psi_manipulator:

You seem to have strange/interesting experiences while doing this meditation. From what you've mentioned I see relations with other peoples claims about spirits or such. Have you any relationship with those kind of phenomena?

Keep it up you all, and keep me up to date.
MA
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:58 pm

ARandomKid

Wow,I suck at this. I can't get longer than 5 minutes. I'm going for at least 15. Must keep practicing. It's really sweet, though.
Posted on Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:33 pm

Lucidess

Turns out my plans were delayed, and i'm going camping for saturday so.. maybe I can meditate there. I had a thought though.. what if you tried to find a place with alot of distractions, for example, sitting infront of a school, or on the sidewalk, or something. A more distracting environment would show further mastery over the mind right?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

PsiPog.net Forum Index » Meditation and Trance » Motionless meditation